The salt-free water softener can use a couple of different methods. One method includes using a crystal structure made up of calcium carbonate that absorbs minerals from the water. As more mineral buildup on the crystal structure, it eventually breaks off and continues to attract minerals as it flows downstream.
Usage of Salt Free Method for Water Purification
- Another salt-free method is to use a resin plated ceramic surface that creates molecular patterns on it. As water flows past the ceramic surface, the magnesium and calcium that cause the hardness proceed to attach itself to the surface. As it grows too large and can no longer stay attached, it will break off and flow down with the flow of the water attracting and sticking to more minerals. The calcium and magnesium, which can be essential minerals needed by the body, are still in the water for human consumption but are unable to adhere to the water pipes because they have no charge. The pH of the water is also the same and has not been altered in any way.
- The descaler, or salt-free water softener, does not remove the minerals; its electrical charge changes the crystal composition so that hard scale does not form as quickly. Wherever water moves freely you will see no build-up of scales. When the water stops and sits in a place for a long period of time, however, the scale will establish. These scales are a crystalline form of calcium carbonate which is called limescale. The moment limescale forms it is in a long thread like crystals called dendrites. These weave together; this weaving is what makes limescale so hard and difficult to break, it is what makes it so hard to clean and why you frequently need a powerful deep cleaning agent to effectively remove it.
- The power field used in salt-free water softener applications changes the characteristics of how the limescale forms. The crystals become small and round, and smooth. These shapes, do not cling together, and will just wash through the water system without forming limescale. With their clinging properties removed they cannot snag and collect together in your pipes, boiler, shower head or taps. All of the water that passes through one of these electromagnetic areas will be affected for 2-3 hours.
Benefits of the salt-free water softener?
- The salt-free water softener has many benefits, It can soften or condition your water without the use of salt. For people who have hypertension or high blood pressure, added salt in their water, no matter how small the amount is, can be considered a health risk.
- It doesn’t have a negative impact on the environment. The salt water from the salt water softener usually ends up in the soil or groundwater. After some time this can have an impact on vulnerable ecosystems.
You must check the latest reviews on water softeners, particularly if considering purchasing a system, to take some time to work out the reviews. Making sure that they provide information that is relevant to one’s needs is one of the key factors in filtering out systems that are not going to be considered. Salt-free water softeners do not actually soften your water. They change the properties of the crystals that can link up to form limescale. They are altered so that that they cannot cling and snag with one another and weave together to form lime scale. Now that you know how a salt free water softener works you can determine if it’s right for your home.